Every valley experience that you have walked through in the power of Christ Jesus equips you to comfort others who will need to traverse the same valley. Remember, Jesus was tempted in all ways, just as we are, yet without sin. He is a faithful High Priest that has been touched by the feelings of our infirmities and can, therefore, comfort you and me.
- Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 2 Corinthians 1:4 (KJV)
Our God is “the God of all Comfort.” In answer to the prayer of Jesus, He has sent us the “Comforter,” the Holy Spirit.
- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16 (KJV)
Whatever we face, whatever we go through, and we do “go through,” whatever our human experience, we are comforted by the Holy Ghost. Because of the work of the ever present “Comforter,” we can bring comfort to others in their troubles.
We also have been taught of Him in those times of testing so that we can “wage a good warfare” and “having done all, stand” (1 Tim. 1;18; Eph. 6:13). Whatever Word we need will be brought to our remembrance so that we can abide in the power of the living Word.
- But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26 (KJV)
There is also the wonderful promise that when the “Comforter” comes, He will tell us all that He has experienced with Jesus the Christ. He testifies of Jesus the Christ to those who want to know of Him. He is the Spirit of truth and will lead us into all truth.
- But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26 (KJV)
Jesus is the truth and the Holy Spirit reveals Him as the Word of truth, the Logos), the living, working, reasoning (the mind) of God incarnate (“the mind of Christ” 1 Cor. 2:16).
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 (KJV)