John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; Revelation 1:4 (KJV) (also Revelation 3:1)
The Amplified Bible reads, “the seven Spirits (the sevenfold Holy Spirit) which is more accurate rendering of the verse. There is One Holy Spirit that is manifest in seven ways: Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, . . .
- (1 Before you were born again the Holy Spirit came to you as the Spirit of Grace. He revealed the love and grace of God in the Person of the Son. He wooed you while you were yet in sin. (Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans. 5:20; Romans 5:8):
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of Grace . . . Zechariah 12:10 (KJV) also (Hebrews 10:29)
He keeps us by and in grace each and every day (Romans 4:16; 11:6):
- 2) He drew us unto God and made us His children. We were adopted into the family. We became joint heirs with Christ Jesus. This was His work as the Spirit of Adoption:
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of Adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15 (KJV)
- 3) We are now drawn into accountable relationship with our new Father, God. He is Holy and we realize that we too need to live holy. The Holy Spirit is the only One that can manifest our positional holiness.. He does this as the Spirit of Holiness:
And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of Holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: Romans 1:4 (KJV)
Seven Fold Spirit
- 4) In order for us to realize the fulness of our new relationship we must learn to communicate with our Father. Prayer is how we communicate with God. We are taught how to pray by the Spirit of Supplications.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of Supplications Zechariah 12:10 (KJV) (also Rom. 8:26)
- 5) When we realize the great love that God has for humanity, and that He wants to include us in His work upon the earth, we eagerly embrace the ministry that only the Spirit of Reconciliation can teach us.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 (KJV)
- 6) Having accepted our relationship, along with it’s responsibilities, embraced our calling, received the giftings (graces) of the Spirit, and moved into the fields of harvest we begin to experience the glory that God has desired to place upon us since the creation of mankind. We not only see and experience His glory but become aware of His glory in and upon us by the working of the Spirit of Glory: (Psalms 8; Hebrews 2:5,6; 1 Corinthians 2:6-12)
If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the Spirit of Glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 1 Peter 4:14 (KJV)
- 7) Last, but not by any means least, is His role as the Spirit of Truth. He reveals Truth to us even as He teaches us, and leads us in Truth.
Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: … He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 16:13-14 (KJV)